Terms and conditions
In these Terms and Conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings. ‘The Company’, ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Seller’ or ‘Organization’ shall mean KL Eco Solutions Ltd.
The ’goods’ shall mean the articles and services the subject matter of the Contract between the Company and the Customer. The ‘Customer’, The ‘Purchaser’, ‘Buyer’ or ‘You’ shall mean the person, firm or company offering to purchase goods or service from the Company.
All Customers undertaken by the Company is undertaken on the Terms and Conditions herein contained and any variations will only be binding on the parties hereto if such variation is in writing and signed on behalf of the Company by a Director of the Company. Any order placed by a Customer is deemed to be upon the Terms and Conditions herein contained.
APPLICATION OF TERMS
- All quotations are given and orders are accepted on these conditions which supersede any other terms appearing elsewhere and exclude and override any other terms or representations stipulated or incorporated or referred to by or on behalf of the Company or the Customer, whether in the order or in any negotiations and any course of dealing established between the Company and the Customer. These conditions shall apply to all contracts of the Company for the sale of Goods. Unless expressly agreed in writing and signed by a director of the Company, these conditions shall prevail over any inconsistent terms, communications or form of contract and in the event of a Customer’s order containing or being subject to terms and conditions at variance with these conditions, these conditions shall prevail.
- A quotation by the Company does not constitute an offer and the Company reserves the right to withdraw or revise any quotation at any time prior to the Company’s acceptance of the Customer’s order.
- All quotations do not include the cost of delivery unless otherwise expressly stated in writing by the Company.
- Each order or acceptance of a quotation for Goods by the Customer from the Company shall be deemed to be an offer by the Customer to buy Goods subject to these conditions.
- No order placed by the Customer shall be deemed to be accepted by the Company until a written acknowledgement of order is issued by the Company or (if earlier) the Company delivers the Goods to the Customer.
- The Company shall be under no obligation whatsoever to accept repeat or any other orders from the Customer.
- The Customer acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of the Company which is not set out in the Contract. Nothing in this condition shall exclude or limit the Company’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- The Customer shall ensure that the terms of its order and any applicable specification are complete and accurate.
- Nothing in these conditions of sale shall affect the statutory rights of consumers.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing the price for the Goods shall be as set out in the Company’s price list in force at the time the Goods are despatched. Any increase in price between the date the Goods are ordered and the date they are despatched shall be for the account of the Customer. The amount of any such increase shall be notified to the Customer.
- All quotations are given at current prices, but are subject to alternations without notice in accordance with prices and discounts ruling at time of delivery.
- The price together with all other costs and charges are exclusive of any Value Added Tax, duties and levies, which shall be payable by the Customer in addition to the price at the applicable rates. Subject to condition 6 below.
- The Company reserves the right to make a handling charge on any orders, the total invoice price of which (excluding VAT) is less than the Company’s small order value as notified to the Customer from time to time.
- Until such time as the Company has confirmed credit account facilities in writing, payment shall be due in full in sterling on or before delivery, without any set off, deduction or counterclaim.
- The Company may at its discretion establish a credit account for the Customer (subject to receipt of references or such other conditions as the Company sees fit). The Company shall be entitled to refuse to establish or to continue such an account without providing any reason. If such an account is established and remains in operation, payment is due in full in sterling 30 days from the end of the month in which the invoice is dated. The Company may at its discretion vary the credit limit from time to time.
- Time for payment shall be of the essence and no payment shall be deemed to have been received until the Company has received cleared funds.
- The Company may without prejudice to its other rights charge interest on any overdue accounts at the rate of 4% over the base rate of HSBC’s Bank from time to time to be compounded monthly from the due date until payment in full is made both before and after judgement.
- The Company reserves the right to claim interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
- If any amount payable to the Company by the Customer on any account is left outstanding beyond the due date for payment, the Company may suspend performance of its obligations under any or all contracts with the Customer. If any outstanding amount is overdue the Company reserves the right strictly at its own discretion to treat any outstanding order as cancelled without incurring any costs or other liability as a result of such cancellation.
- The Customer shall make all payments due under the Contract in full without any deduction whether by way of set-off, counterclaim, discount, abatement or otherwise unless the Customer has a valid court order requiring an amount equal to such deduction to be paid by the Company to the Customer.
- The Customer shall pay to the Company, in addition to other amounts payable hereunder, any costs reasonably incurred by the Company (including without limitation, legal costs and fees of debt collection agencies) in recovering any amounts due to the Company from the Customer pursuant to the Contract.
RENTENTION OF TITLE
Goods shall remain the property of the Company until paid for in full by the Customer. Where payments are received on account from the Customer by the Company, such payments shall be applied against the oldest outstanding invoices. The Company may at any time, give notice to the Customer requiring the Customer to
redeliver any goods supplied by the Company where the Customer is in default of payment. Any servant or agent authorized by the Company shall be entitled to enter upon the premises of the Customer for the purpose of removing any goods which are the property of the Company and which are in the possession of the buyer.
The Customer’s power sale shall automatically cease if a receiver is appointed over any assets or the undertakings of the Customer or a winding up order is made against the Customer or the Customer goes into voluntary liquidation.
Orders are only accepted subject to the Company’s Terms and Conditions herein printed. Unless expressly accepted in writing any conditions in a Customer’s order form at variance with or in addition to these conditions shall not take precedence over any of the conditions of offer contained herein.
- The Company shall use reasonable commercial endeavours to deliver the Goods in accordance with any despatch date notified to the Customer and time of delivery shall not be of the essence. The Company shall not be responsible for any delay by third party carriers.
- The Company shall not be liable for any business interruption, loss of production, loss of profits, contracts, goodwill or anticipated savings, loss arising from any third party claims or any special, indirect or consequential loss (whether or not foreseeable) howsoever suffered by the Customer caused directly or indirectly by any delay in delivery of the Goods (even if caused by the Company’s negligence)
- If for any reason the Customer fails to accept delivery of any of the Goods when they are ready for delivery, or the Company is unable to deliver the Goods on time because the Customer has not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licences or authorisations:
- Risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer (including for loss or damage caused by the Company’s negligence).
- The Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered. and
- The Company may store the Goods until delivery, whereupon the Customer shall be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance) and the Company shall be entitled to charge the Customer any increase in the Company’s list price of the Goods between the due date for despatch or collection and the date on which despatch or collection is actually affected.
- The Company reserves the right to deliver the Goods by instalments and to invoice for each instalment separately. Each delivery shall constitute a separate Contract and any claim by the Customer relating to specific instalments shall not of itself entitle the Customer to any remedy in respect to other instalments.
- Where transportation is arranged by the Company, delivery shall take place when the Company or its carrier or agent unloads the Goods at the location specified by the Customer. Otherwise delivery shall take place when the Customer or its carrier or agent collects the Goods from the Company’s premises.
- The Customer shall provide at the location specified for delivery and at its expense adequate and appropriate equipment and manual labour for unloading the Goods.
- If the Company delivers to the Customer a quantity of Goods of up to 3% more or less than the quantity accepted by the Company, the Customer shall not be entitled to object to or reject the Goods or any of them by reason of the surplus or shortfall and shall pay for such goods at the pro rata Contract rate.
- Risk of loss or damage of any kind to the Goods (but not the title) shall pass to the Customer on delivery or, in the event that the Customer, its carrier or agent fail to collect the Goods on the due date for collection.
- Goods delivered in accordance with the Contract may not be returned without the Company’s express written agreement and subject to the Customer reimbursing all the Company’s costs relating to that Contract.
- If returned Goods had been correctly supplied, the Company may impose a restocking charge of 20% of the total invoice. You agree to pay this charge in accordance with our invoice for it immediately on demand. We may decide whether to issue a Credit Note or refund, in our absolute discretion.
- The quantity of any consignment of Goods as recorded by the Company upon despatch from the Company’s place of business shall be conclusive evidence of the quantity received by the Customer on delivery unless the Customer can provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary.
- The Company shall not have any liability for short delivery, loss or damage to Goods occurring prior to delivery or for non-delivery (even if caused by the Company’s negligence) unless claims to that effect are notified verbally to the Company within 3 days of delivery and confirmed in writing to the Company within 7 days from delivery (in the case of loss or damage or short delivery) or within 7 days of the Company’s invoice or advice note (in the case of non-delivery).
- Any liability of the Company for short delivery, loss or damage to Goods occurring prior to delivery or nondelivery of the Goods shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or issuing a credit note at the pro rata Contract rate against any invoice raised for such Goods, at the Company’s discretion.
WARRANTY AND EXCLUSION
- Where the Company is not the manufacturer of the Goods, the Company will use its reasonable endeavours to assign the benefit of any warranty or guarantee it receives from its supplier to the Customer. The Company accepts liability for any Goods sent for repair only while they are on the Company’s premises or in transit under the Company’s control.
- Where the Company is the manufacturer, or is deemed to be the manufacturer of the Goods, it warrants that the Goods shall at the time of delivery meet its written specifications in all material respects.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Company shall not be liable for any business interruption, loss of production, loss of profit, contracts, goodwill or anticipated savings, loss arising from any third party claims or any special, indirect or consequential loss (whether or not foreseeable) in respect of defects in the nature of or the quality of any Goods supplied by the Company whether or not caused by the negligence of the Company, its employees or agents.
- Nothing in these conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Company for:
- death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
- for any matter which it would be illegal for the Company to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability. or
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Save as expressly provided in these conditions all terms, conditions, representations and warranties, (whether expressed or implied by statute common law or otherwise) relating to the sale of goods are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Goods are not sold by description or sample.
- Subject to any of the limitations or exclusions of liability in these conditions, the maximum aggregate liability of the Company, its employees and agents, for breach of any Contract and otherwise in connection with that Contract (including for any breach of any statutory duty and any tortious act or omission, including negligence) shall so far as permitted by law be limited to the amount payable under the terms of the relevant Purchase Order or, if applicable, under the terms of the Contract.
THIRD PARTY CLAIMS
The Customer shall indemnify keep indemnified and hold harmless the Company against any liability, whether or not foreseeable and howsoever arising, including without limitation, in contract, tort or as a breach of statutory duty, including damages penalties costs and expenses incurred by the Company:
- as a result of incorporating property (including but not limited to the materials) in the Goods; or applying any patent, registered design, unregistered design, copyright, trademark, trade name or design to the Goods; in each case on the Customer’s instructions, suggestions or specifications, or complying with any other instructions, suggestions or specifications of the Customer relating to the Goods; and
- in relation to any third party claims arising from the use made of or dealings by the Customer in the Goods (irrespective of whether they involve the negligence of the Company, its agents or employees), except if arising from the Company’s wilful default.
- The Customer shall notify the Company forthwith of any claim made or action brought or threatened alleging infringement of the rights of any third party. The Company shall have control over and shall conduct any such proceedings in such manner as it shall determine. The Customer shall provide all such reasonable assistance in connection therewith as the Company may request.
There can be no cancellation of an order by the Customer without the Company’s written consent. On cancellation of an order or in the event of other default by the Customer, a cancellation charge will be levied to reflect the costs incurred by the Company prior to the date of cancellation. The Customer will indemnify the Company in respect of any third party claims arising out of the Customer’s repudiation or suspension of any order or orders.
DESCRIPTIVE MATTER AND ILLUSTRATIONS
- All descriptive and forwarding specifications, drawings and particulars of weights and dimensions issued by the Company are approximate only and are intended only to present a general idea of the Goods described therein and nothing contained in any of them shall form part of any contract with the Company.
- The Company reserves the right, at any time, to vary the technique, design, construction and specifications of Goods without notice. Such changes may result in slight variations in detail from the description or illustrations in Company literature which shall not entitle the Customer to rescind the Contract
- The Company shall not be liable for any failure to comply with the Contract related to any circumstances whatsoever (whether or not involving the Company’s negligence) which are beyond the Company’s reasonable control and which prevent or restrict the Company from complying with the Contract including (without limiting the foregoing) acts of God, civil commotion, war, strikes, lock-outs, industrial action, shortage of supplies, breakdown, transport delays, accidents, government action, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, terrorism or criminal acts.
- The Company may where reasonable in all the circumstances (whether or not involving the Company’s negligence) without liability suspend or terminate (in whole or in part) its obligations under the Contract, if the Company’s ability to manufacture, supply, deliver or acquire materials for the production of the Goods by the Company’s normal means is materially impaired.
- Nothing in this Contract is intended to confer on any third party (whether referred to herein by name, class, description or otherwise) any benefit or any right to enforce any provision contained in this Contract.
- Notices must be in writing to the Company’s or the Customer’s address and are deemed delivered on the first working day after sending by hand or (subject to confirmation of transmission) by telex or facsimile, or, within the UK, on the third working day after being placed prepaid in the first class post to the Customer’s or the Company’s U.K. address. Qualified acceptances by the Customer on delivery notes shall not constitute notice of any claim or acceptance by the Company of any such qualification.
- No waiver of these conditions shall be valid unless agreed in writing by a director of the Company. Any delay or failure of the Company to insist upon the strict performance of any of the terms and conditions of the Contract shall not be construed as a waiver of any such term or condition and shall in no way affect the Company’s right to enforce such provision later.
- If any provision of the Contract is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable it shall to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness, voidability, unenforceability or unreasonableness be deemed severable and the remaining provisions of the Contract and the remainder of such provision shall continue in full force and effect.
- The Contract may not be assigned by the Customer without the Company’s prior written consent.
- The provisions of conditions 5, 9 and 10(a) shall survive any termination of the Contract.
- No remedy conferred by any of the provisions of the Contract is intended to be exclusive of any other remedy, except as expressly provided in the Contract and each and every remedy shall be cumulative and shall be in addition to every other remedy given hereunder or now or hereafter existing in law or in equity or by statute or otherwise.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with this Agreement and its use and these Terms and Conditions.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHALL KL ECO SOLUTIONS LTD, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE OR PROFITS. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS AND EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF BD OR ITS AFFILIATES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.